Welding rotator positioners, special features :
1. Worm screw gearings coaxial to wheels are specially designed and built by PASSERINI so that:
• The diameter of the casing is smaller than the one of any commercial product, height y results lower than any welding rotator of the same capacity.
• Owing to the bronze crown and worm screw special executions, the torque is greater than the one quoted by most competitors;
• The case is made of cast iron or steel and not of aluminium as the one of common gearings;
• Thanks to the small height y, the projection of load F falls on the wheel bracket and does not stress the screw that adjusts the wheels centre-to-centre distance.
2. Wheels are available:
• Made up in solid steel (superficially tempered upon request)
• Coated with rubber or with polyurethane
• Made of high density synthetic material
2a. The polyurethane coating is laid on a toothed metal core in order to double the face contact and to prevent any breakaway of the polyurethane layer.
3. Drive wheels are mechanically synchronized by a transmission shaft and the motor is protected by a strong carter made of chequered steel plate
4. Frames are extremely solid and machined on their upper face
5. Lead screw to adjust the centre-to-centre wheels distance is made up of one single piece without any in-between joint.
• DC or AC drives depending on the model
• Interface to automatic welder
• Remote control (24V) of all functions on portable pendant
• Centre-to-centre distance of wheels adjustable by screw
• Statically and dynamically irreversible Transmission provided by worm screw gearings manufactured by us
• Feeding : 230/400V 50 Hz
• Different speed ranges
• Weight capacity of welding rotators up to 800 Ton/set
• Synchronization of 2 or more drive units
• Anti-drift systems
• Wheels made of solid HDN/T resistant to very high specific pressure
• Brushless motor with encoder and interface for highly automated plants
• Different feedings
• Carriages for easily moving on rails with idle flanged wheels (with/without brakes) or motorized ones.